Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care
Age With Grace Senior Care specializes in providing professional home care services for Alzheimer’s patients and their families. We are uniquely qualified and provide special training to not only better understand the disease, but to also learn skills to best manage the care of Alzheimer’s and Dementia clients
What is Dementia?
Dementia is a general term for a decline in mental ability severe enough to interfere with daily life. Memory loss is one example. Alzheimer’s is the most common type of dementia and causes problems with memory, thinking and behavior. Alzheimer’s disease accounts for 60 to 80 percent of all dementia cases. More than 5 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s disease today, and many are cared for by family members in the home. Unfortunately, the disease can often present some unique physical and emotional challenges. If your loved one has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or you are experiencing challenges with providing care, we are here to help.
Alzheimer’s Communication Tips
1. Never argue, instead agree
2. Never reason, instead divert
3. Never shame, instead distract
4. Never lecture, instead reassure
5. Never say “remember”, instead reminisce
6. Never say “I told you”, instead repeat
7. Never say “you can’t”, instead do what they can
8. Never command/demand, instead ask
9. Never condescend, instead encourage
10. Never force, instead reinforce